- 2 Caracals
- 2 Jackdaws
- 2 Ceptors
- What did you do?
First, we went to Omist where I often see an Army of Mangos and had good kills of their ratters as well as fights wit their response fleets.
On the Thera whole we got engaged with guys from Thermodynamics who had Nighthawk, Ikitursa and I believe Nightmare. They almost got my and my alt on the whole but both times I was able to successfully run through.
We lost though one guy who was catching up: I did not know they also had Sabre, so we lost Caracal:
We did roam through Omist, Caldary caught BNI which we traded for a brawly Hecate (I told that guy to reship, and thought he did...):
From Omist we went to Feythabolis, killed a Hecate:
But further met a gate camp of overwhelming forces... they had a dozen of Ships, including Oracle positioned 50km from the gate to BLAP us, etc. They did not want to jump to us so we turned around, get back to Thera and went to Decklein.
In a stupid way I lost a Ceptor: warped at 100km, started MWD-Orbiting, but the second i decided to turn they booshed into me, crammed and killed
Further we moved to Delve, could not catch any ratters, went to Goons staging and nevertheless to many attempts did not catch anything to kill. Eventually they formed us a big kitchen sink fleet. First they baited with a Broadsword, Added Rorqual... Rev, 3 Phoons, Tempest, Loke, ceptors.... more of other crep. We knew those are baits, and tried to play carefully, but lost people due to mistakes:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/85995139/ -32M Caracal
https://zkillboard.com/kill/85995144/ -31M another Caracal
Before we left we killed a firetail:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/85995200/ +16M which got "lost"
On the way home we tried to kill crap, but dues to miscommunication and I guess lack of experience lost a ceptor and Phantasm:
Few people made it through and killed MTU in the end:
Was super fun
- Good turnaround
- Some kills
- Sabres are good for nul-sec roams, especially if it ends-up camping
- I never get a good roam in Delve: ratters are disciplined and are hard to catch
- We did really lack experience and coordination, hopefully by flying together we will learn and improve
- After I reshiped from ceptor to a doctor, I undocked with... just 8 charges for interdictor launchers. LOL
- I did not enjoy flying that Arty Cynabal... need to refit
- What to improve on
- I think I need to be a bit more aggressive, though this is too risky as fleet is not cohesive and we risk losing people.
- Maybe I should fly something more suitable for 'solo' fights and ask those pilots who are not that confident to just "stay behind"...? Dunno. I guess, my job is to just let people fly with us and those who can learn will stay and improve. Others.. probably will be joining regular fleets. Please share your thoughts!
- We could engage Goons and try to do something, but it was a bit late already, and I was afraid that we might be locked between 2 bubbled gate so played a bit too safe. Next time I'll try to fly something that applies to small tackles and be a bit more aggressive.
Totally killed: +362M
Totally lost: -478M
Not ISK positive, but it was good experience. will do it again!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
This time we looked more like a small gang
Last edited by budda_sereda on Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.