[2020-04-10] RR Domies VS NPSI Vexors

budda_sereda

[2020-04-10] RR Domies VS NPSI Vexors

Post by budda_sereda » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:05 am

• Comp
    • 7 RR Domies, with Enyos in the Frigates Escape Bay, ANI
    • 1 Rodiva, Confessor, few ceptors
  • What did you do?
    • It was semi-arranged fight with NPSI. I knew the doctrine they were going to fight (It was supposed to be Neut Shield Buffer Vexor).
      Originally I wanted to fly self-rep Cyclones, but after I "spied" and learned they will have neuts I started thinking about passive resist. This brought my thoughts to Domies. And I decided to give a try to some old fit I once fought myself.
      I knew that we would ROCK if we fit SmartBombs, but I knew that with SBs we will just kill the whole incoming DPS and they will leave bitching about me and Fweddit. So I decided to take a risk and give a fight expecting that big tank and RRs supported by many nosferatu modules would give us tome to reduce Vexors to a critical mass.
  • Positives
    • We got decent numbers, as for EU time we got more than 10 pilots.
    • We went well through HS, even though many of use were criminals (we replaced plates on Domies by Inertial Stabilizers and I hauled plates to Akidagi).
    • We got a fast fight and I think that I did not completely screw up.
    • I got some learning.
    • First warp-in for us was nice.
    • Hope someone else got fun?
  • Negatives
    • My BIGGEST mistake was not to pay attention to the intel from the scout: only now, writing AAR, I realized they had 8 (!!!) logies... During the travel, I just noticed Vexors and Scythes and did not notice 3 more Ospreys. If I saw that ... I'd pull back.
    • I did not have enough Domies to satisfy everyone's needs: damn they are big to be hauled even through HS.
    • We killed only 1 tackle, but lost every ship.
    • That was a bit expensive whelp: Domies (330M each) plus many Enyos (60M more).
    • Somehow, we did not follow primaries. At some point, I called to switch to a Scythe and it took good 20 seconds to see DPS applied to it. We got it in low armor when it eventually caught reps.
    • After I switched to Heavy drones and we almost killed a Vexor, but still I saw DPS also kept being applied to Scythe, and this Vexor was also caught in armor :(
    • We lost a single logy early in the fight.
  • What to improve on
    • We were going to take fight in plex, opponents were waiting for us at 0, at started moving towards us. I warped DPS wing at 70 expecting to land at from opponents and start fight at range with sentries to improve tracking. Logy pilot wanted us to land on the grid before he lands. I think it was a good idea:
      - we did not warp together as he would warp with as at 0.
      - if he warped immediately after us, he would land first (as he is faster in warp).
      But, he waited on the gate for too long, was tackled and killed :(
    • I guess it was a good learning experience. I've learned that even at some range Sentry drones don't apply well to Cruisers, even painted and even they don't move. Or maybe we just did not have enough DPS to kill those fast. Though, I think that with Heavy drones we would have better chances.
    • At the beginning of the fight I was distracted by talks about attempts to kill opposing screening ships and wasted some time trying to break opposing Keres (or something else small). Should have focused instead, as planned, on opposing logies.
    • We did not switch primaries fast enough.
    • Those Domies are really hard to manage, they have 11 active modules and... I guess that might be the reason why it took time to focus on primary
  • Battlereport
    https://fleetcom.space/battlereport/HBaH3754KScxGcouu

I'm curious how bad was netting pressure from Vexors: they did not have much cap life, just 40s with MWD off, and just 28 with MWD on, here is that fit:
    Spoiler:
    [Vexor, MWD Neut ShieldBuff - NoCAP]

Damage Control II
    Drone Damage Amplifier II
    Nanofiber Internal Structure II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
    Large Shield Extender II
    Large Shield Extender II
    Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Small Energy Neutralizer II
    Medium Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
    Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I
    Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Hammerhead II x7
    Hobgoblin II x1
    Ogre II x2

Agency 'Overclocker' SB5 Dose II x1
    Standard X-Instinct Booster x1
Please do comment your thoughts, comments, and suggestions!

shadowozera1
Fweddit
Fweddit

Re: [2020-04-10] RR Domies VS NPSI Vexors

Post by shadowozera1 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:13 am

It was few interesting fights, but 2 whelps. I would like to know if people are ok to keep fighting up-hill or prefer fights were we have higher chances to kill crap (those are harder to get, though).
I for one am absolutely for taking "up-hill" battles. More explosions for everyone!

unit_12

Post by unit_12 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:23 am

As Shadow said, I very much prefer up-hill battles also, so thanks again for taking the time to set this fight up. RR spider comps are fun, but they're very challenging as it requires each individual pilot to manage both reps and primaries at the same time, + not forgetting to inject cap so you can rep at all. So yes we need to get better otherwise these will keep going poorly, but I'd like to try them again for sure.

Considering how outnumbered we're fighting in these arranged fights (which I prefer), we should stop making concessions to our fits when we enter these fights, (basically we should have kept the smartbombs fit). I also recommend we add a heavy nuet to these fits, there were long periods of time that they had logi in heavy nuet range optimal of us. Had we spread heavy nuets across those logi we'd have had a much better chance of thinning out their logi even with poor sentry application.

wootman369
Leadership
Leadership

Post by wootman369 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:07 pm

For me, the target calling at the start with was fairly hectic, we jumped around target to target a fair bit, and combining that with trying to lock up people for reps makes for many mistakes. Forgetting to move drones to new targets, accidentally attacking allies, accidentally repping enemies, forgetting to cap boost. Combine that with our drones not tracking super solidly and being outnumbered, and the result we got wasn't surprising. For these kinds of fleets, perhaps having a dedicated person to call out who needs reps so people don't have to glue eyes to broadcasts or watchlists. Minimizing the amount of targets you call, and thus the amount of ships everyone scrambles to lock up is a good improvement I feel.

I still had lots of fun, that said.

budda_sereda

Post by budda_sereda » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:03 pm

Thanks for the support folks! I hope the next fleet we will have around 13 folks as well so we can get 7 BSs, a couple of logies, and some support as well.

@Wootman: I was locking with the same speed as you guys so you should have time to switch targets. Though, I do agree that we had a bit TOO MUCH to manage.

I guess next time I'll try proper fits. And will think and push harder to have a dedicated logies.