27 July 19 - Nano sink

analiese_aubernet

27 July 19 - Nano sink

Post by analiese_aubernet » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:10 pm

• Comp
    Casual roam, called for nano cruisers and down. Ended up with 8-10 nano cruisers, some dessies, and a couple frigs. I fc'd from hunter onyx and malediction.
  • What did you do?
    Bridged from Korasen to A8I, then roamed north into dek/branch/tenal following ratting activity. Got a couple of ganks on the way, got a good fight in ZH- in Tenal from Siberian Squads then ran away really really fast after they formed up 40+ people.
    Fight recap: Jumped into system and tackled a ratting Gila with my hic. Called for fleet to jump in and warp to hunter. Jaguar warped in almost immediately, but fucked off after seeing 8+ anti-frig cruisers on grid. Called for fleet to primary Gila. Heavy reinforcements began landing almost immediately. Killed Gila, Talos, Osprey Navy, Orthrus, and forced off a Scythe Fleet before battleship reinforcements began MJD'ing and bailing. Machariel, Domi got out, Praxis got hic scrammed and killed. Immediately began exfil. Lost ScyFi and Caracal on exfil, main fleet escaped.
  • Positives
    Got a halfway decent fight from Siberian Squads
    Escaped with the main body of the fleet from the blob. Had one particularly good fleet warp that saved literally everyone (humblebrag much).
  • Negatives
    Lost a couple of slowpokes on exfil. Stuck around too long b/c someone called that they tackled "something" and wouldn't say what it was. Turned out to be an Itty V, prolly not worth the time it took. Allowed sabre to start bubbling gates ahead of fleet which complicated extraction.

At some points people were overtalking FC, particularly during extraction. While suggestions as to courses of action are appreciated, I felt that this distracted from what I wished the fleet to accomplish, and could have resulted in the loss of more fleet members if I had not overruled and initiated a fleet warp.
  • What to improve on
    While this was a nano-gang style fleet, there are occasions where people need to shut up and listen to the FC b/c I do occasionally know what I'm talking about

Check pods before going to nullsec, and remind fleet members to check pods before going to nullsec.
  • Battlereport
    Biggest fight:
    https://zkillboard.com/related/30003618/201907280500/