[2018-08-21] FunRoam: Harpies - III

wootman369
Leadership
Leadership

[2018-08-21] FunRoam: Harpies - III

Post by wootman369 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:21 pm

AAR by: Budda Sereda, FC of this fleet

That evening we had Raitharu onlining, and hostiles were looking as active so we formed up Muninns fleet, in order to not waste time we reinforced an Astrahaus in X36 and on the way back baited and killed Retribution:

(02:56:07) E9KD-N
Retribution +68.82m

After that, few of us were still bloodthirsty so we downshipped and went to look for more kills. I got 2 Kirins, ceptor, probbing Svipul and 4 Harpies:
Roam members
Spoiler:
Alison Woolyworm - Svipul
Budda Sereda - Harpy
Exonfang - Kirin
Flying Kiwi Sertan - Harpy
Matthew Yatolila - Kirin
Oden Reams - Harpy
Ramaj Asanari - Harpy
Saanguinee - Stiletto, Malediction
It looked quite small and disappointing after 39 pilots Muninns fleet, but we still got quite a GOOD CONTENT!

First Saanguinee ran into a gate camp in FD53. They had 3 Lokies (or Tengus?), few AF and T3Ds. Folks wanted me to whelp the fleet right away, but I wanted to make some kills first.

Second, on the edge of low-sec, we've met another gate camp: 3 Praxis, few faction cruisers... dunno why, but they left the gate and let us pass
Saanguinee made a point that they are in a jump range from 6RC, but we did not have cyno ... and I did not really want to mess with capitals.

Further, Saanguinee found a Magus and Garmur... and let scram himself before we came up with any more or less good plan (if any plan can be made to catch a skilled Garmur pilot at all):

(03:39:50) Nennamaila
Stiletto -54.41m

The next worth mentioning fight was in OMS (Old Man Star). First Saanguinee was engaged by Confessor, while we arrived, Confessor got one Exequror, we got him into low armor when it got 2nd Exequror as well a bunch of other stuff: Confessor, Harbinger, Naga, something else.
Exonfang called he is going down, we were not breaking Confessor, and I was thinking to disengage, but... apparently, Naga was out of position of his logies and I took a risk: we burned towards it... and exchanged lost Kirin on the Naga:

(04:04:43) Old Man Star
Kirin -93.45m
Naga +123.95m
Clearly, opponents mistake, but kudos to us for securing the kill from it.

After that we killed cyno Imicus on a Fortizar Even Saanguinee in Malediction was brave (?) enough to get on the kill

(04:21:06) Sujarento
Imicus +2.93m

Tama was boring, but we found the last good fight for the night in Pyne.

Sanguinee was scouting another system, I jumped ahead of the fleet into Pyne and noticed 2 Stabbers and 2 Scythes on a distance gate (dscan).

Shortly, one of Stabbers landed and aggressed myself (I was flashy at that point). I tackled him back, called fleet to jump. We were doing a quick work on him when the 1st Scythe landed as well and applied reps. He landed at 30km ... and Saanguinee was not on the grid yet, so I swore and before switching to Scythe decided to give a few more seconds. Apparently, we were breaking Stabber through Scythes reps:

(04:31:25) Pynekastoh
Stabber +36.33m
Though we could not tackle Scythe quick enough - he ran away.

Not sure, what those folks were thinking about, but another pair of Stabber and Scythe landed. With some difference in time. This time I knew we can break Scythe through reps so Saanguinee landed point on the Scythe, we killed them both:

Stabber +43.69m
Scythe +22.85m

And happily went home

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 298,564,692.47
ISK Lost: 147,855,728.21
ISK Delta: 150,708,964.26
Efficiency: 66.88%

Overall evaluation
(Positive stuff)
- we found quite a few good fights
- we ended up to be ISK positive again
(Negative stuff)
- some pilots did not really care losing ships: this is fine from the perspective of getting content, yet I'd try keeping ships intact and have many kills rather than just taking each coming fight and have a high risk finishing fleet too early
- we had some misunderstanding with Saanguinee regarding warping on the plex: that will be improved with more fleets run together
- quite low numbers: I bet this small roam was more interesting and fun than recent bashing during the Init.Beta op. I know we need to do strat ops, but why not go and kill stuff in space?
Last edited by wootman369 on Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.