[2018-09-25] Fun Roam: Vokuhilas - you always fail trying the 1st time

wootman369
Leadership
Leadership

[2018-09-25] Fun Roam: Vokuhilas - you always fail trying the 1st time

Post by wootman369 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:01 pm

AAR by: Budda Sereda, FC of this fleet

have a goal on what you want to find to kill. Ratters, small gangs ect..
have your set scouts and dont get distracted

Don't rush.

REALLY! DON'T!

Try to split incoming fleet and let them engage first.
This time I've tried to run doctrine Pando designed for small gang roams. Fleet is supposed to consist from 2-3 dessies, 1 logy, Cruor, 2 Confessors, 2 Svipuls - many ships with Remote Reps. The idea is to look like a kitchen sink and weak, attract fights, and surprisingly win those.

Roam members (11)
Spoiler:
Budda Sereda - Vengeance
Exonfang - Svipul
Matthew Yatolila - Deacon
Puna Tic - Retribution
Raido Kudonen - Confessor
Ryk Auduin - Cruor
ScSo4135 - Magus
Trimbles
Van Nuys
WRAITH DEMON - Jaguar
nivlac hita - Deacon
I got pretty much everything needed, but ... things went a bit out of control.

We roamed for a little, and eventually found a fleet of few dozens Griffin Navy Issue with some support. Originally, I did not feel good about engaging them. But we appeared to be on the same game... and they only had a half. We did not see the 2nd half. Also, comms get messy and my scout was not able to communicate about the 2nd half of the fleet on the opposite side of the gate.

I thought about landing at 0, letting them to land a few shots on us, jumping through and dealing with the 2nd half of them. But... somebody mentioned: they look engageable, and they were a bit spread out so I thought about landing at 20 and shooting what we can shoot. Yeah, we made few kills, I was jammed, we tried to break few more things, but that did not give much

Kills and loses:

(02:29:51) Hirri
Griffin Navy Issue +32.06m
Svipul -78.74m
Griffin Navy Issue +42.91m
Capsule -19.79m
Griffin Navy Issue +31.61m
Griffin Navy Issue +26.83m
Cruor -85.43m
Confessor -52.97m
Griffin Navy Issue +37.91m
Vengeance -57.53m
Magus -115.87m
Jaguar -64m
Deacon -36.13m
Retribution -58.24m
Deacon -36.29m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 171,346,139.41
ISK Lost: 605,035,021.18
ISK Delta: -433,688,881.77
Efficiency: 22.07%

Overall evaluation
✔ (Positive stuff)
- not really much other than I've got 10 pilots for a fleet
- keep getting new faces in fleet
✘ (What could be better)
- not many same faces: you guys don't like roams? or don't like fly with me? or don't like the doctrine? I know I have things to improve, but at the same time, I get compliments and encouragement to fly.
- get comms under control. I had a dedicated scout and a vanguard pilot, but 2 more pilots decided to help with intel, this all together got messy. Next time I'm going to ask non-dedicated 'scouts' to join the fleet (or get into safe place) and let me communicate and make an educated mistake decision
- the doctrine supposed to have 3 CDs with MJFG, I should have used that to our advantage: either bush part of those folks from a gate, or let them engage and boosh. Kill those who scram and boosh again... whatever, just BOOSH
- focus on your engagement profile: fighting 30 dudes in faction frigates was probably WAY TOO MUCH.
[/list]

What you guys think? What I could do better and we should have done during the fleet?

In any case, come and join fleet tomorrow: https://newforums.the-initiative.rocks/ ... ic=22162.0
fleet announcement has more than 70 views... so I hope we will have quite a bit of pilots online
Last edited by wootman369 on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.