[2018-09-27] Fun Roam: Poking Horde

budda_sereda

[2018-09-27] Fun Roam: Poking Horde

Post by budda_sereda » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:12 am

Wow, that was my best fleet in "Init" so far. Why quotes? Because it was literally 2 (maybe 3) Init pilots who have joined, yet, I had in total around 30 dudes and we had an AMAZING TIME!

Majority people were flying Talwars, quite a few (8) were in Jackdaws, 1 Confessor, 1 Navitas, 1 scout in a ceptor.

Roam members (28)
Spoiler:
Andrew Harwood - Jackdaw
Budda Sereda - Jackdaw
Christie Canyon - Jackdaw
Drizzit Urden - Talwar
Hailey The Carnage - Talwar
House2twist - Talwar
Indefinite Unknown - Confessor
JengoFett Miromme - Jackdaw
Jolly SaintNick - Hyena
Jonn Duune - Jackdaw
Kennie Minh - Talwar
Kony TheFeline
Lord Morr'Grar - Talwar
Melf Crixaliss - Talwar
Mister Shushu - Jackdaw
Mortigan Kanjus - Talwar, Ibis
Na'av - Talwar
Proto Emperor - Talwar
Ramaj Asanari - Talwar
Sergei Vassar - Stiletto
Sevyn Chambernique - Navitas
Shallow Purple - Jackdaw
Significant Gravitas - Talwar
Sonya Eriker - Jackdaw
Sword Breaker SKY - Talwar
blanco001787 - Talwar
haulin choo - Talwar
minxxy3 - Talwar
It took a bit of time to form up and move to nul-sec entrance, but quite quickly we found and baited a Hawk into a fight.

(02:36:17) OEY-OR
Hawk +46.01m
Capsule +27.39m

Good start.

After that was a BS (I believe it was Raven, but i'm not 100% sure), we played on gates with him, but at some point, he pushed scram-tackle away, MJDed away, and docked. The good thing we had no losses!.

Going to PH staging I did not rush, looked into nearby systems: ratters were on their balls though :(

Though, while we looked for rats, we've met few other ships:
Enyo +54.8m
Raven +223.93m

And quite soon we were greeted by PH folks: they also undocked the fleet of Talwars and we had an interesting (for us) fight.

Running ahead of time, I will share that things did no go well for PH's FC. It looks like he decloaked first (this and next fight) and was dispatched early in the fight, that may have led to devastating loses.

Anyway, my scout reported around a few dozens of talwars landing on the opposite side of the gate, I asked people to align out to a celestial pull some range from a gate and prepare. I felt we had more numbers and was not if opponents will jump into us, but was not willing to sit at close range: my fit had 70 km range and if they try to close on us we would even have a higher advantage as they would fly towards our missiles and we would move from them.

We killed slasher, Sabre and around 18-19 Talwars and lost only 1 Talwar. Great result! Their talwars were LITERALLY T1 fit so it did not bring much ISK kills, yet it was fun to win.

Talwar +2.29m
Talwar +2.94m
Slasher +5.69m
Talwar +2.6m
Talwar -23.22m
Talwar +3.44m
Talwar +2.29m
Talwar +5.16m
Talwar +2.29m
Talwar +2.27m
Sabre +91.56m
Talwar +2.29m
Talwar +2.29m
Talwar +2.29m
Talwar +3.63m
Talwar +2.29m
Talwar +2.29m
Talwar +3.64m
Capsule +8.33m
Talwar +2.29m
Capsule +59.06m
Punisher +8.36m

Does PH give T1 Talwars for free?

We checked for ratters again: they docked up real quick, same as last time, checked few neighbouring systems and moved further into staging.

Interestingly, PH undocked another fleet of Talwars, smaller in numbers. But the result was the same: they killed 1 of us (I believe FC called a primary before they all deckloaked, but later when he is head shot they all either can't focus, or my fleet members were just on time to warp away:

Talwar +2.29m
Talwar -19.33m
Scalpel +43.4m
Talwar +2.29m
Talwar +2.29m
Talwar +2.85m
Talwar +2.29m
Slasher +5.69m
Talwar +2.29m
Talwar +2.29m
Talwar +2.29m
Burst +0.87m
Capsule -19.34m
Scalpel +36.89m

Still ISK positive for us. Dunno, what was the reason to bring logies against alpha doctrine.

After that it became even MORE FUN: PH started feeding as with big and small ships: they jumped through the gate into us, tried to shoot/grab something. The cherry on the top was Moros sitting at 0. We were orbiting at 0 and started shooting it, just because we had nothing else to shoot at.

I do want to mention Jarek Raholan (was most likely the FC of opposing side): reshipped 3 times (lost 2 Talwars, HFI and Stabber). Kudos for the will to fight, but a question: why sitting into nano TFI? We pretty much alphaed him.
We were bleeding numbers though: some people (I believe mainly hungry for loot) came too close to Moros and were killed easily.

Vexor +40.72m
Talwar +5.16m
Exequror +22.2m
Prophecy +73.25m
Caracal +37.14m
Talwar +2.29m
Caracal +30.63m
Hurricane Fleet Issue +342.39m
Rifter +1.81m
Talwar -27.03m
Vigil +1.15m
Tornado +108.24m
Caracal +37.88m
Maller +19.52m
Svipul +47.02m
Jackdaw -92.18m
Vigil +1.16m
Talwar -66.53m
Ibis -0.04m
Talwar -151.79m
Badger +0.91m
Vigil +1.16m
Talwar -16.61m

At some point, I was really tired and called people to go home.

On the way back we had 2 more interesting fights.

I don't remember the details of the first engagement, but during that our scout burned out his MWD. In a second we've met a small gang of Orthrus, ONI, SFI, Retribution, Malediction, all as we learned later were blingy. Our scout decided to scout ahead and jumped first (even though I asked him to stay back due to his immobility):
Stiletto -47.39m

after that, I got a fleet jump in, and keep the gate cloak. After assessing the situation I've called to align to the sun, MWD on, and shoot Orthurus. Unfortunately, he pulled the range being in low shield :( Mistake was to approach Orthrus, not align to the sun, this way we would be close to finishing him. We started losing numbers but switched to ONI. As he was quite far I called to approach him, so we secured the kill. Orthrus came close, we switched to him and indeed got him down, almost a 1B kill. I was down and John took the lead.

We tried to leave the field but did not prealign all and 1 Jackdaw got tackled. Trying to save him we lost 1 more Talwar.

Talwar -18.06m
Navitas -2.93m
Hyena -62.96m
Jackdaw -89.4m
Osprey Navy Issue +203.2m
Jackdaw -91.94m
Orthrus +974.86m
Jackdaw -96.14m
Talwar -21.74m

WOW, that was fantastic.

Thanks for fight PH!

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 2,626,021,887.14
ISK Lost: 846,655,472.8
ISK Delta: 1,779,366,414.34
Efficiency: 75.62%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    - Lots of fights and content!
    - Lots of fun!
    (What could be better)
    - fighting ships that we don't need the whole fleet to kill an opponent, I probably should not call the primary, but instead, call people "free fire on broadcast"
    - do think really well if you want to come back to save somebody
    - try to pre-align before warping away
    - consider approaching kiters, not running from them.