MJY Station Flip (early morning 2017/10/9)

raido_kudonen
Fweddit
Fweddit

MJY Station Flip (early morning 2017/10/9)

Post by raido_kudonen » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:53 pm

TL;DR: Fozzie sov is hard, will prep more for next time and communicate better in pings/motd, wtb ustz numbers.

So I posted an op for last night. The intent was to chill out on a blops with some Lokis and have fun while we flipped the MJY station for a cool new crash pad close to Horde space. Unfortunately, entosis fatigue and a virulent case of the krabs kept our numbers far too low to actually run blops QRFs, let alone have hunters out in space as well. Instead, we jumped into some small gang stuff to protect our hackers and started working on nodes. We only had 2 hacking ships to start with and things started off slowly (I was triple boxing with one Nereus and Tonii from TGRAD was flying the other). Once we got more hackers in position things went a lot better.

We had a brief skirmish in 9-4 with some Hordelings who were chilling out in that system. It started off when a long-range Nemesis burned through my alt's Nereus surprisingly quickly (probably because my Rev/Apostle alt doesn't have good shield skills lol), before the Caracal who was babysitting the Nereus could actually get in RLML range of the bomber.

At this point, I put our Sabre pilot on the other node, cloaked up for someone to show up and try to counter-run it. A Myrmidon warped in, got bubbled, and we moved DPS ships in. Unfortunately, the Sabre wasn't able to burn out of range of the Myrmidon and got tackled and rekt before the Myrm MJDed out. We still killed a couple support ships that warped in.

https://zkillboard.com/related/30004059/201710090400/

After that, the Hordelings fucked around a bit but didn't try to re-engage - we were creeping up toward 15 in fleet which was not engageable for them. We won the timer without a serious contest and had 5 hackers at the end, which made things go a lot more quickly.

Lessons learned

1) Sov ops take a lot more prep and management than I'd realized. This was the first one I'd FCed, and I ended up scrambling to get a spreadsheet put together after having burned stuff into position, reshipped everyone, etc. That made things a bit more complicated and therefore painful than necessary. Mad props to Shlomo for importing Nereii, warping around in a Cynabal to find nodes, and generally just helping me out a lot.
Addendum: I did a pretty bad job of keeping the motd updated and providing information in pings, partly because I was in a hurry and partly because managing stuff on the fly ended up taking a lot of my attention. Again, this op needed a LOT more preparation than the fleets I've run in the past.

2) Need more hacker alts. The SP requirement for the GSF Nereus fit is very low and can be used by a JF alt or a cloaky ceptor alt or whatever as long as you trained Infomorph Psychology I, which is kind of a no-brainer because you want jump clones anyway. The more people who bite the bullet and dual-box, the more of us can have fun with our mains and make stuff like the blops-bridged support Lokis a reality.

3) WTB USTZ numbers. I know a lot of folks put in hours in the EUTZ this weekend, and obviously 0400 is very late for east coast on a Sunday night, but more numbers = more options for fleet concepts, escalation, trickery, etc.

Thanks for coming out.